Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Scrap resolutions

I went to Cadoam.com and ordered a new Chinese brocade scrap album so I can complete the second half of Kerri's lifebook/adoption trip story. So now I am committed to finishing that this year.

My second scrap resolution is to convert the basement playroom into a combo playroom and craft room. I want my own scrap section, with all my things handy (instead of hidden in the closet like they are currently). It will be fun to be down there doing crafts with Kerri, and getting my scrap time in.

So this weekend I am heading to Ikea to pick out organizers, baskets, boxes etc., to use in those empty bookcases and store my supplies. Of course, then I will need to fill the space with more supplies! So my last scrap resolution is to go shopping!

What are your scrap resolutions or goals for this year?

2 comments:

Tammie said...

I am so happy to hear that you're going to get back to doing something you enjoy. Other than "Life With Kerri" that is. After all, we all know how life with our children can be all consuming.

I don't know that I have many resolutions about scrapping since I don't usually make resolutions. Anway, here are the books I want to work on so far:

1. Skank Book - must complete
2. Erin's Journey to Us - DAVID is insisting that I do it this year. He wants Erin to have a record & knows how I enjoy scrapping.
3. Erin 2007: A Year in Pictures - for my dad & stepmother since they miss so much. I'm going to try & work on this so I can bring it with me to CA this summer.

Lisa said...

Welll.... I never did even START my skank book, though I do have another form of that record, in my 'friends' book. So at least I have something going, I don't feel so guilty now, lol. This year I do have the following goals:

Keep a little more current with my scrapping. It's easier to do it and get it done now, than delaying and catching up a year from now! It would really take so much pressure off me.

I'm going to start the year in the life of... with a photo a week for both my little ones. Keeping it simple, a picture and some notes, nothing fancy.

I also want to work on Joe's book of his life. Starting from current, heading back to highschool and working backwards from there.

I also want to continue to work on "My book of Mom" that I started for each of my kids. Those will always be an ongoing project.

Overall resolution: MORE SCRAPPING! LOL