Monday, January 21, 2008

Being far away "bites"

I guess I am next and you all are expecting me to post a description of what I think about each of you. HA! Like I have enough words or adjectives.

Tammie: you are first because I met you first. You know I am grateful to you for many things, like saving my (tush) dossier, your friendship, introducing me to FCC, scrapping and then to the sisterhood. I appreciate your unique sensitivity and humor. You are one special person, and Erin, David and you have been "adopted" into our family. We may not be close geographically, but not a day goes by that we don't talk or email or think about each other. That red thread is definitely stretching...

Lisa: I met you next! Tammie invited me to join one of your scrap night get-togethers and the rest is history. Of course, I don't think I scrapped for awhile, but I did enjoy the company and the laughter. And the friendship that grew. I admire your talents, your commitment to your family and friends, and your heart of gold. Most of all, I simply enjoy calling you friend. And I love our online chats!

Michelle: I wish we had time to get to know each other better! Every time I see your picture, I just keep thinking about chicken. But in all seriousness, I think you are extremely talented, very creative, and a super Mom to Maddie. And since Jacksonville is not that far from Live Oak, I will be looking you up whenever I visit my parents in North Florida! I miss your sense of humor, and look forward to the day we can all get together again.

Jamey: you always smile! I think that's what I admire the most about you, is that no matter what, you smile. Amazing, considering you have two young ones! I always have fun when you are around. And you are so easy to talk to. And I am still grateful for all your help when I was moving! I really miss hearing your laughter, it is contagious, and almost as pretty as you are. And now, thanks to you, I am forever more known as the "Canidian"!!

And now I will leave you with an oldy but goody, an original poem written by "moi"...

The "Skank" poem!

One day five special women
decided to unite.
They became known as "Skanks"
and would scrap day and night.

They put their families first
yet always found a way,
to spend quality time
on a set Saturday.

The lead skank is Lisa,
whose work is never done.
Yet she opens her heart and home
so we can all have some fun.

Michelle is our "wild" one!
She loves her chicken so,
yet she is dedicated and loving
and she really can sew!

Tourette Tammie, our Teacher,
always has a tissue close by.
But don't let her sensitivity fool you,
we laugh more than cry!

Then there's our favorite bartender:
Jamey, she's chongalicious you know!
And she's a dedicated Mommy
who loves her children so.

The newest Skank is Vivian,
but to Canada she would go...
to become a virtual scrapper
and miss her new friends more!

The bond these women share
goes beyond photos and glue.
So from my heart I tell you
I will miss each one of you!

Love always, Vivian M

2 comments:

Tammie said...

And we think that you being so far away bites too!

Lisa said...

I AGREE!!!