What can I say about my ScrapSistas? Quite a bit actually. I've been wanting to post since we started this new blog but life is always crazy - no matter which Sista's house we talkin' about.
Vivian & I met through an online adoption support group. Although we lived about 5 miles from each other, we never had occasion to meet in person till it was her turn to send her dossier to China. She came to my house & it was like a blur. The poor woman was crazed because her doctor's office notary is a moron. Thank G-d for that or we'd never have gotten together. Our daughters are 2 years apart in age & from totally different provinces, but they share the same soul.
I can't even remember at what point it was that I decided she needed to become a bigger part of my family, but again, thank G-d it happened. As the red thread pulls our families closer we have discovered that there are many things we have in common - not the least is our love for our personal geeks.
I'm thrilled to pieces that Viv decided to accept my offer & join "that other group" because when the group fell apart, she was a vital part of making up our new group. Scrapping without her hasn't been the same. Even David notices the difference. I'm just waiting for her residency to come through so we can visit. That & Erin's CoC to get here so we can get her passport - although David wants me to file for that anyway so we can go Canadian for a few days.
Lisa is amazing. I have never been able to understand how she does it. It? What is "it" you may ask? Well, let's see. The woman runs her 2 home businesses (candles & bounces - odd combination if you ask me!) while taking care of her home, husband, their 2 children & their 2 part-time children. She is aptly named Kool Aide Sister 'cause her house is the Go-To House. She has an amazing capacity for love & being understanding. This Sista helped me realize that while I'm not creative, I truly am. I just needed someone to show me the way, & she took the time to do that. We have gotten so close that now when we speak, many times, we're saying the same things at the same time. Scary? Not really. What is scary is that now we type the same things at the same time! Now you can be scared!
Lisa looks at all of our many children as if they're her own. She knows that Erin is allergic to peaches so when she gives her a juice box, the first thing she does is make sure that it's okay for Erin to drink. She always has an extra outfit on hand for any of the children in case of an accident. Of course it helps that someone is always leaving something behind at her house. She tries hard to make sure that we have some form of "take" on hand for Cassidy since life isn't complete if there's no "take." And of course, when Casey need to be close to his mommy (for obvious reasons), there was always a swing available. Madi knows there's always a bed for her naps when they're needed. And when Kerri was here, there was always plenty of running around space for her. As for the beautiful children, that Lisa has created herself we all know that I'm totally head over heels in love with Dante & Olivia. Her Alfonso has a heart of gold even if he can be a PITA. Joey? He just needs time to figure it all out, but he too has a heart of gold. None of these children would be who they are without Lisa's special touch.
Jamey makes me think of Mother Earth. She's a very down to earth kind of gal. She makes me laugh, & that's what friends should do for each other. Any time there's a get together, she has a little poem or saying that she's come up with, & they all suit the occasion perfectly. When it was my birthday get together, she went to the trouble to find out how to say "Happy Birthday!" in Hebrew. I was so touched. That sweetness brought me to tears. (I know you're all shocked to hear that I was crying.) Hebrew is a very hard language, & just making the effort was an awesome thing.
Anyway, Jamey. How dare you tell us that you need another C name by email!!!! I almost fell off my chair. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised. The other night as you were scrapping, you were unusually emotional & kept saying that you wanted "just one more." Congratulations!!! You're already an awesome mommy to Cassidy & Casey & an awesome parttime mommy to Jessie. I just see your heart opening up to another C so easily.
Mich is my artistic Sista. She just pops that Madi Adi clothing & blanket line out. Along with doing 50 million (or is it a gazillion?) scrapbooks too! And let's not forget that she went back to work fulltime along with being a great mom to our Madi. This Sista is a wise soul also. She knows how to be there for her husband & let him have time alone when he needs it. She is also wise enough to make special books to mark his time with Madi.
Why do you have to move to Jacksonville? Can't Scott telecommute!? Come on! Ask him. He's a geek. Surely he'll know the way. Actually, enough of the guilt. I know that this move is the best thing for your family for now. I just don't like it. Nor do I have to. I'm just hoping that Mich will forget her Xbox360 so she can spend some time on her new IPod with us. I can't imagine (& don't want to) scrap nights without her. And having a bounce house without Madi is almost too much for me.
What can I say about me? Plenty. I have a life filled with a lot of good things. I'm married 19 years to the man of my dreams. I have a beautiful, healthy daughter that I adore. The medical issues that Lisa posted about? Well, yes, they are a pain to deal with (sometimes a bit too literally for my tastes), but they're a part of me. I choose not to gripe 'cause it won't help, & really, who cares. After watching my mom die way too young, I decided that no one will walk all over me the way she allowed. Maybe that's what made me so strong - or in other people's words a bitch. It doesn't really matter. At 44, I am who I am. The best part of life is having David, Erin & my ScrapSistas.
They fill my life with color! Thanks guys! I love you!



1 comment:
OK, great! Now I'm crying and I have to go wipe off the damn glasses again! And YES, I AM using YOUR tissues!
You're always so thoughtful and manage to find the right words to describe everyone and everything so well. What else can I say? You've put it all in a nutshell, even the things I didn't even realize happened! Love ya, sista!
Post a Comment